14 Best REEBOK Steel Toe Shoes: Comfy And Safe (Review)
Reebok steel toe work shoes come in many forms and with many different safety features. Designed to withstand a lot of force, your choice of Reebok safety shoes should not only consider functionality, but also comfort, and in some cases, style. Gone are the days of ugly hulking safety shoes that stood out no matter what you wore and had no other purpose other than work shoes. The best Reebok steel toe shoes have a lot to offer.
This post may contain affiliate links. That means that I may earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you buy something through my site. This helps me run my website and produce the articles that I hope you find helpful.
How These Reviews Are Organized
Below I have selected nine of the best Reebok steel toe shoes for men and women. Each review will have a list of the product safety features that it has, followed by a general overview of the other standard features. I will also highlight pros and cons of each of the Reebok safety shoes, followed by a conclusion. By the time that you have finished reviewing each of the Reebok steel toe work shoes, you should have an understanding of what they offer, and whether they are suitable for your employment.
Not every Reebok steel toe work shoe offers every safety feature. Accordingly, it is important that before you review these shoes, you understand what kind of features you require for your employment and what might be considered extra.
After the reviews, I provide a comprehensive Buyer's Guide. Not only do I discuss what makes a great safety shoe, but I also supply a glossary of technical terms that are often needed when discussing Reebok work shoes.
Reebook offers a wide range of steel toe footwear. However, if you have not found what you are looking for, try the following articles:
- 11 Best Skechers Steel Toe Boots And Shoes (Review). All of the steel toe footwear has electrical hazard protection. However, they come in work boot in addition to sneaker style and many are water proof.
- 13 Toughest And Best Waterproof Work Boots (Review). Here you will find a selection of waterproof work boots for men and women, some of which offer steel toe options.
- 11 Best Winter Work Boots For Men And Women (Review). In this article, you will also find an excellent array of insulated work boots ready to keep you warm. This includes steel toe footwear.
Best Reebok Steel Toe Work Shoes
The following are the best Reebok steel toe footwear for both men and women.
Men's Reebok All Terrain Work (SD)
Other Product Features:
The Reebok All Terrain Work Shoes are excellent Reebok safety shoes. In addition to the steel toe, these shoes supply static dissipative protection to safeguard sensitive electronic equipment and slip resistant rubber soles that offer a defence against surfaces with oil, chemicals or heat. Notwithstanding they supply lots of safety features, they are a good looking sneaker that could also be worn after work for a drink or dinner.
These Reebok work shoes are also extremely comfortable. The memory foam cushions your foot throughout the day. The footbed is removable so it gives you the option to supply your own orthotic insoles for more cushion or to address any issues such as high or low arches. For some insole suggestions, please see 10 Extraordinarily Effective and Best Inserts For Standing All Day.
The low cut design gives your ankles good range of motion. If you are facing a lot of uneven surfaces such as concrete, mud or rocks during your work day, then this would be an ideal shoe. However, if you need ankle protection or support, this would not be the best choice.
Other Product Features:
Reebok Sublite Work shoes include advanced technology to make these Reebok steel toe shoes lighter, with excellent shock absorption and energy rebound, and effective slip and abrasion resistant outsoles. They either offer static dissipative protection to safeguard sensitive electronic equipment or electrical hazard protection.
These Reebok safety shoes are stylish and provide a performance running shoe feel. They are easy to keep clean with proper leather products. The leather with webbing or mesh allows your feet to breath and they offer moisture wicking insoles to keep your feet dry and cool, reducing the likelihood of bacteria or fungi growth.
- Only comes in blue.
- No moisture-wicking lining to keep feet cool and dry but suede upper is breathable.
- No Static Dissipative option.
- Ankle collar may rub ankle without proper socks.
This Reebok steel toe shoe offers a classic sneaker design with a retro look that is not often seen in the safety shoe world. These Reebok safety shoes are made for an industrial setting, but easily look stylish enough to pair with jeans for a night on the town.
Like several of the Reebok safety shoes, you find Electrical Hazard protection and slip resistant outsoles that offer protection against chemical, metal chips, heat, or oil. However, if you will be facing lots of slick surfaces with these substances or severe heat, you should choose another of the Reebok work shoes with more outer sole protection. (See Reebok Guide Work Shoe, Reebok Soyay Work Shoe, or Reebok Astroride Work Shoe included in this article).
As for comfort, these Reebok steel toe shoes supply lots of cushion in the insole and outsole, with extra rubber in the heel for this high impact area. The suede offers breathability and durability.
Men's Reebok Guide Work (SD)
Men's Reebok Guide Work (EH)
Men's Reebok Guide Work (MG)
Reebok Guide Work shoes are ultra comfortable steel toe shoes and durable Reebok safety shoes. They come in three different options - with Static dissipative (SD 10) with Dual Resistor, Electrical Hazard protection, or Electric Hazard Protection with Metatarsal Guard - to provide you with excellent defences against static electricity, electrocution, or damage to your feet caused by rolling or falling objects. Their soles have excellent slip and abrasion resistant qualities and will protect your feet when faced with chemical, oil or heat.
These Reebok work shoes also supply lots of cushion and comfort to help with shock absorption and fatigue from a long day on your feet. There is EVA midsole cushion and memory foam liner which will contour to the shape of your feet. The moisture wicking lining will keep your feet dry for all day comfort. Like other Reebok steel toe work shoes, these sneaker style shoes can easily transition from work to a night out after work.
Men's Reebok Ateron (EH)
- No other color choices.
- No Static Dissipative option.
- Not available in women's sizes.
The Reebok Ateron is a stylish and comfortable steel toe shoe. It offers electrical hazard protection and a slip resistant outsole that provides some protection against oil, chemicals and heat. However, if your employment requires you to regularly face slick conditions or deal with oil and chemical substances, you are best to look to Reebok Guide Work Shoe, Reebok Soyay Work Shoe, or Reebok Astroride Work Shoe also included in this article.
The leather upper provides durability and the moisture wicking lining supplies a cool and dry environment for increased comfort. The removable insole offers the ability to swap it out for orthotic insoles. The cushion provided in the midsole and lining should ensure a comfortable day on your feet.
- No Static Dissipative option available.
Reebok Soyay steel toe shoes are a cool skateboard shoe with an amazing slip resistant outsole that also provides superb protection against oil and chemical spills. Its steel toe supplies defences against impact injuries and the electrical hazard protection will shield against electrocution.
Beyond the safety features offered by these Reebok safety shoes, they offer excellent cushion and comfort in both the insole and outsole, and ensure cool and dry feet with its moisture wicking lining.
Men's Reebok Astroride Work (EH)
Women's Reebok Astroride Work (SD)
Other Product Features:
- There are two models each for men and women in the Reebok Astroride Work shoe. You can either get Static Dissipative (SD 10) with Dual Resistor or Electrical Hazard protection.
Reebok Astroride Work shoe offers excellent safety features and comfort. The Reebok steel toe ensures that your toes are protected from severe impact while providing extra room for comfort. In addition to Electrical Hazard protection or Static Dissipative (SD 10) with Dual Resistor, the soles offer exceptional overall slip and abrasion resistance. They also work against many work place hazards such as heat and chemicals.
These Reebok work shoes supply excellent cushion in the outsole and in the lining. In addition, they keep your feet cool and dry with their moisture wicking lining, protecting your feet against odor, staining and deterioration caused by bacteria and fungi.
Buyer's Guide For The Best Reebok Steel Toe Footwear
There are many factors to consider when trying to find the best steel toe shoes. In this Buyer's Guide, I set out criteria that you should consider regardless of whether you decide to purchase Reebok Steel Toe shoes or another manufacturers. However, firstly, I provide below a glossary of terms that may help you better understand the discussion about Reebok safety shoes.
Glossary of Terms For Reebok Work Shoes
- Anti-Fatigue - Anti-fatigue technology is used in safety shoes to reduce the level of foot fatigue that a person may have after a day of standing or walking. This usually includes EVA foam or some other advanced foam or gel technology in the midsoles and outsoles.
- Dual Resistor SD - This technology is a fail-safe system that provides electrical resistance thereby protecting equipment by dissipating static electricity to the walking surface.
- Static Dissipative Footwear (SD) - Safety shoes that allow static electricity to be transferred from you to the ground to protect sensitive electrical machinery that might be affected by the electrostatic buildup in your body.
- Electrical Hazard (EH) - Electrical Hazard footwear provides protection to you from electrical shock from stepping on a live wire or charged electrical equipment. This is for accidental occurrences and other footwear should be purchased if you will consistently come into contact with a live electrical circuit in your employment.
- Foot Force® Footbed - A soft molded removable insole that cushions your foot and supplies additional shock absorption to ball and heel pads, with a moisture absorbing fabric covering to reduce sweat and odor.
- Metatarsal Guard - A reinforced layer in the metatarsal area of protective footwear. The metatarsal bones are located in the middle of the feet. The guard's purpose is to protect this part of the foot from falling objects.
- Slip Resistant - An outsole with traction that is designed to resist slipping.
- Anti-Microbial Innersole - A lining in the innersole that protects against staining and odor caused by a build up of sweat which causes bacteria and fungi growth.
What Are The Different Types Of Reebok Safety Shoes?
When trying to determine what kind of safety shoes you need, you should be aware that there are four kinds of safety toes.
Steel Toe Shoes
Steel toe shoes provide the strongest resistance against compression and impact. They are non-corrosive toe caps that meet or exceed the ASTM F2413 standard for protective footwear. However, they are the heaviest. Foot fatigue is a common occurrence with steel enforced safety shoes so having extra cushion and shock absorption in the midsole are helpful for comfort.
Alloy Toe Shoes
Alloy toe shoes are a specialized blend of metals to minimize weight and maximize protection. They offer a sleek appearance while also supplying extra room around the toes. Alloy toe shoes offer lot of impact and compression resistance although less than steel toe safety shoes, and meet or exceed the ASTM F2413 standard for protective footwear. In addition, they are lighter than the standard steel toe. Before opting for alloy safety toes, make sure that you are not putting your feet at risk in your employment.
Composite Toe Shoes
Composite toe safety shoes offers some protection in the toe area. Composite is lightweight and will not conduct heat, cold or electricity. It meets or exceeds the ASTM F2413 standard for protective footwear. Composite toe shoes feel like any regular shoe so you can wear them all day. However, they supply the least compression and impact resistance.
Soft Toe shoes
Soft toe shoes offer no toe cap protection. Accordingly, there is limited protection from compression or impact.
What Makes Good Reebok Safety Shoes?
Important questions to ask include:
- What is your workplace setting? What conditions will you regularly face and what conditions might you face?
- Are your feet in any danger of impact or compression injuries? If so, to what degree? You need to determine whether you can rely on alloy toes or should opt for steel toe work shoes.
- Does your employment stipulate a minimum level of footwear or safety features that you must wear?
- Is there anything in your working environment that means that you should avoid certain features in your safety shoes (like metail)?
- If you are going to be working in very wet conditions, freezing temperatures, extreme heat or be walking on sharp objects, do you need other safety features like puncture resistance insoles, heat resistance, waterproof shoes, or insulation?
- Do you need ankle support? The best Reebok steel toe shoes discussed above are mostly sneaker style which offer little-to-no ankle support. If you need more support, then you should be looking for a safety shoe that fits above and covers the ankle.
When you spend long hours on your feet, you want to make sure that you are as comfortable as possible. Choosing the best Reebok work shoes is a great start. However, if you find your feet are still uncomfortable, I would recommend making sure that you have the best work socks and determining whether you might benefit from orthotics.
For a selection of the best work socks for all types of environments, please take a look at 10 Most Comfy And Best Boot Socks For Men And Women (Review).
The question of orthotics is a much more complicated question. Sometimes, you may only need some extra cushion in certain key areas - on the forefoot or heel - while other times, you might need some extra support for high or low arches. To understand more, it would be best to read 10 Extraordinarily Effective and Best Inserts For Standing All Day.
Reebok steel toe shoes offer a lot of cushion, support, and safety features to ensure that you are safe and comfortable at your employment. Make sure that you understand what you need before you purchase any Reebok safety shoes so that you can protect yourself from possible injury and ensure cushion, support and breathability for maximum comfort.